Special Events are organized each month by the 1st Vice President and her committee. These include classes, tours, performances, meals and social events. Members may sign up for these events at the monthly meeting or by contacting the person listed in the newsletter.
Let’s Eat Out is a movable feast with no set format but usually once every two months an evening event. Sun-downers, restaurant meals, a chili cook-off or a shrimp broil, a paella supper or a gourmet cooking class – they are convivial, relaxed evenings for members to enjoy either with their partners or on their own.
Discovery Coffee Mornings take place once a month at venues, usually a cafe, all over Perth and the surrounding suburbs. These are casual and relaxed morning gatherings that often include an element of added interest by way of specialty shops, galleries or other local features.
The Regular Activities of PWP are listed each month in the newsletter. Currently they include:
- Early-bird Walkers – Tuesday mornings
- Book Club – the third Monday afternoon of each month
- Bridge – we have two Bridge groups;
- * one meets once a month on the third Thursday;
- * and the other plays every second and fourth Wednesday of the month
- Curry Club – last Friday of the month
- Golf – Tuesday mornings
- Mahjong – each Monday and Tuesday
- Movies – one day of the month (more frequently during Perth Film Festival)
- Mums & Tots – Contact Membership or Board Member
- Quilting – every second Wednesday
- Cycling – every third Thursday or Friday (check newsletter)
Community notices in The Good Oil include a weekly Bible Study group that some members belong to as well as occasional notices of general interest submitted by members.
For future members contact the membership chairman at: email@example.com.